Friday 19 February 2010

DPS first draft




This is my first draft of my DPS. The image i used is the same model as my front cover to keep the trend going throughout the magazine. To edit the image, i used gaussian blur to give the airbrush effect. I then used a fading paintbrush in black to match the background colour of the left-hand side of the page. The fade was used to make the image merge with the other side of the page otherwise it looked too separate. After the fade, i used an eraser tool and erased any black which went on the models face in order to make him stand out even more.

The font used for the title is exactly the same as my front cover to keep the same flow and colour scheme throughout. I also believe that this font with the white border makes it stand out enormously and if any fans of this DJ were flicking through the magazine I'm sure it is bold enough for it to catch their eye and therefore they may decide to read the interview.

For the interview, i had to make it two columns instead of the original plan of three on my mock-up. This is because the writing looked to squeezed on the page and wasn't as appealing as it looks now. The interview is quite short but has all the information that is typically asked by an interviewee about a musician. I also decided to have the quote in large font becuase it's a humerous quote which will draw in the audience. This was also chosen as it sticks to the codes and conventions of a music magazine.

The page number at the bottom left hand corner is a reference from the contents page which i will be creating after this DPS is completed. Underneath the page number, the name of the magazine in underneath as i found that the majority of magazines also used this technique and i wanted my DPS to look as realistic as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment